The World of Words & Gigabytes

When I was a not so little kid, back in school, we regularly had tests and examinations. & like every other average Indian kid, these were a big deal. You had to study hardy to make sure the demons of red ink did not make their way to your rank sheets because that would just be a day of emotional bloodshed at home. 😅 But during one such dreadfully boring exam day, my little brain found a way to enjoy the experience. It was and is probably the first and last exam I truly enjoyed. Mind you I have written a many! (again like every other average Indian kid) It was a fairly simple question : "Who would you consider your role-model?". I had to write a 500 word essay on this topic to secure 20 golden marks... 😄 So I took that gorgeous beauty of a "hero" pen in my hand and with all conviction, I began - "My mother - My Role-model". Not very novel, I would agree, but that experience of writing a 700 word essay, which started with the intent of scoring a 20, turning into a love for expressing myself in words is something I am ever grateful to my English professor - Mrs. Lourdes - for!



Cut to where I am today, 16years after this English language examination, I've done writing of all sorts - personal, professional, intimate, hateful, appreciative. & every single time, putting my thought on paper has been an experience to relish. But pen and paper have eluded me with time, as I shifted wearily into the world of pings & comments. I wouldn't say I despise digital platforms, I'm just disenchanted by them. Sometimes brutally insensitive in making a joke out of a person's fall but also sometimes being unassumingly supportive through a day of gloom. Being engulfed by this world of gigabytes was so unanticipated, I didn't quite realize when I lost my touch with my love to tryst with words every now and then. Don't get me wrong, I am not one to blame. All I'm saying is I was enamored and I couldn't see through it! 🙈

But the pandemic came and with it came the unwanted bounties of time. Time to stand back and look at life. Appreciate it. Really value what comes with it! & that's what has made me want to write again among the many other things I wish to do! 💜 So here I am, writing my first blog of sorts if that's what I must call it. But this will hopefully be a channel I use to share my love for words with you and learn and grow with what time I have left in this world of Words & Gigabytes! 😇



Neha.

Comments

Popular Posts